Feb 27, 2014

Day 58: Volunteered to Review Internship Applications



One Smile Every Day | I'm on a mission to make someone smile every day this year by completing acts of kindness | Day 58: Volunteered to Review Internship Applications



I work as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) in my community and serve as a preceptor and mentor to interns throughout the year. To become a RDN, students must complete accredited undergraduate work and also 1,200 hours of supervised practice through an internship program. A local internship program in my area received over 200 applications to their program and needed help reviewing and selecting qualified interns. So today, I volunteered to help score and evaluate internship applications. I set up shop in my favorite comfy chair with a healthy snack to keep me energized as I read and scored applications :)

No comments:

Post a Comment