Feb 5, 2014

Day 36: Donated to SmileTrain



One Smile Every Day | I'm on a mission to make someone smile every day this year by completing acts of kindness | Day 36: Donated to SmileTrain

Another round of winter weather in my area had me almost snowed in today!  But the ice and snow won’t keep me from completing an act of kindness. I did a web search for “smile” today and came across the charity SmileTrain. SmileTrain supports local doctors in developing countries in providing free cleft lip and palate surgeries. Children with unrepaired cleft lips or palates are susceptible to difficulty with eating, breathing, and speaking. Cleft lip and palate repair is a simple surgery which can take as few as 45 minutes to complete. And the surgery can cost as little as $250. Hop on the SmileTrain at www.smiletrain.org :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment