Nov 16, 2014

Day 320: Attempted to Pay for Someone's Groceries

One Smile Every Day | I'm on a mission to make someone smile every day this year by completing acts of kindness | Day 320: Attempted to Pay for Someone's Groceries

While at the grocery store, the woman in front of me was ready to pay for her items when she realized she forgot her debit card. Without another method of payment, she told the cashier how embarrassed she was and then started to leave.  I stopped her and offered to pay for her items. She was very appreciative and gave me a hug, but ultimately declined to let me pay for her groceries. There is a great lesson to be learned here...sometimes just a small gesture can make someone's day. Sometimes the world needs to be reminded that kindness exists :)

No comments:

Post a Comment