Jul 16, 2014

Day 197: Practiced Patience

One Smile Every Day | I'm on a mission to make someone smile every day this year by completing acts of kindness | Day 197: Practiced Patience


The lovely chair pictured above has caused me much difficulty over the past 2 months. In May, I ordered furniture from a patio collection and unfortunately, I still haven't received all the pieces. I've had pieces go missing in transit and wrong items delivered. And despite multiple phone calls with the company, the difficulties seemed to mount. But throughout this process, I vowed to stay patient. Today, I had another conversation with the company that lasted over 45 minutes and included a few call transfers. But I reminded myself to be patient and kept saying to myself "today we will resolve this issue." By the end of the call I was transferred to a pleasant woman who knew just how to help me out. I am certain my patience allowed me to connect with the right person. I love this quote by Benjamin Franklin..."He that can have patience can have what he will." Patience is not easy. It's a skill that requires practice, but is definitely worth the wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment